Language:

www.daviscup.com

Davis Cup trophy virtual tour

The Davis Cup trophy was donated by the competition’s founder Dwight Davis in 1900 as the prize for an international challenge match between USA and British Isles. Davis's international challenge is now the largest annual international team competition in sport and the Davis Cup trophy has grown along with the competition that bears its name.

Made by Shreve, Crump and Low of Boston, Massachusetts, the Davis Cup trophy was originally a lone sterling silver punchbowl. The three plinths have since been added to accommodate the engraved plaques. The trophy is currently 110cm high, 107cm in diameter at its widest point, and weighs 105kg.

Watch

The intricate details of the famous trophy

Listen

Audio commentary about all the Finals

Learn

More than 110 years of tennis history

Research for the audio commentary was carried out by Chris Bowers.

Our sponsors

International sponsors of the 2014 Davis Cup Final France v Switzerland

© ITF Licensing (UK) Ltd. All rights reserved. No portion of this website may be duplicated, redistributed, or manipulated in any form. By accessing any information beyond this page, you agree to abide by our Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions.

Powered by Umbraco

Design by New Brand Vision